Miss Maine’s Outstanding Teen Competition Information
The Miss Maine’s Outstanding Teen Program is a competition for young women between the ages of 13 and 17 and is an affiliate of the Miss Maine and Miss America's Outstanding Teen Organizations. Being a part of the Miss America's Outstanding Teen Organization is a prestigious position in that the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen, Inc. has become one of the top scholarship providers for teen girls in the United States since its inception in 2005! So far, the organization has made available almost $5,000,000 in cash and in-kind scholarships.. Our program, here in Maine, has been established as a scholarship competition venue for teens as well as a fund-raising event for the Miss Maine Scholarship Program.
The purpose of the Miss Maine’s Outstanding Teen Program is to provide the young women of Maine an opportunity to win scholarship money and to further their personal growth and education. Within this forum, teens will be able to enhance their potential by sharpening their leadership, communication and public speaking skills. Additionally, the program will enable contestants to develop poise, confidence and stage presence. With the inclusion of a talent performance, contestants will be afforded the opportunity to express their individuality and showcase their unique talents.
Date and Location
The Miss Maine’s Outstanding Teen state competition will be held on a Saturday in June 2020 in Freeport, Maine, in conjunction with the Miss Maine Pageant. The Miss America's Outstanding Teen competition is held during the late summer in Orlando, Florida.
Eligibility and Entrance Requirements
* All girls between the ages of 13 and 17 who reside in Maine are eligible.
* Contestants must be a United States citizen, be female, and have never been married or pregnant.
* Contestants must never have been filmed or photographed in the nude or semi-nude.
* Contestants must participate in all areas of competition.
* Each contestant must solicit two salute pages. Raising money for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals is highly recommended. All must be completed and paid in full before participation. Contact the director for more specific details.
* Admission tickets to the competition will be available beginning at the Pre-pageant Clinic.
* Souvenir program books with contestant photographs and pageant information will be available for purchase.
Contestants may be housed with supervision by program officials during their stay. Lodging and meals associated with the competition will be provided.
An appropriate tasteful outfit for interview such as skirt and blouse, dress, or pantsuit is acceptable. No jeans or sneakers.
A costume or outfit appropriate for the talent performance.
A floor length gown, which is in good taste and age appropriate.
For Lifestyle and Fitness, wear what you would when you exercise or are physically active, black leggings that are calf length with a sports tank top. Color of your choice. No show socks with sneakers of your choice.
Casual and comfortable clothes and shoes should be worn for rehearsals.